Out of the Fortune 100, more companies are investing in Twitter, Facebook, and Youtube than in a corporate blog.
Because blogging for business is hard. It takes ongoing resources and time that are not needed on most social media platforms.
Brand blogs can produce some big results when you take time to put together the right platform.
The Social Fresh community nominated over 200 company blogs for our Top Corporate Blogs awards.
In order to make it to this final nomination list, for our judges to review, objective metrics were used such as Postrank.com scores, Alexa.com traffic numbers, recency of content, number of nominations, and adherence to nomination requirements.
Our panel of judges will be conducting a blogging for business panel at Blogworld NYC on May 25th, Leads, Subscribers, and Sales: Bringing Action to Business Blogs. Thanks to each of our judges for their support of this process:
- Paula Berg (@paulaberg) of Linhart PR, formerly of Southwest Airlines
- Josh Hallett (@hyku) of Voce Communications, a Porter Novelli company
- Kipp Bodnar (@kbodnar32) of HubSpot
- Tom Martin (@tommartin) of Converse Digital
Our 29 Finalists
In alphabetical order
- Arment Dietrich – Agency
- Brafton – Custom online content production and consulting
- Brains on Fire – Agency
- Citrix – Virtual computing
- Compassion International – Childhood poverty philanthropy
- The Dachis Group – Social media agency
- Disney Parks – Walt Disney parks
- Edelman Digital – Digital PR agency
- Exact Target – Email service provider
- Flowtown – Email and social media data company
- Get Satisfaction – Online feedback solution
- GFI – Software and security
- Griffin – Smart phone accessories
- Kissmetrics – Social media metrics
- A Healthier Michigan – Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan
- HubSpot – small business software
- Ignite Social Media – Social media agency
- Likeable Media – Facebook focused social media agency
- Network Solutions – Domain name registrar and small business support
- Ogilvy PR 360 Digital Influence – Digital PR agency
- OneForty – Social media and small business resource
- Playstation – Gaming platform
- Radian6 – Social media monitoring company (Owned by Salesforce)
- SEOmoz – SEO software and resources
- Southwest Airlines – Airline
- Time Warner Cable – Telecommunications provider
- Webtrends – Website, mobile, social analytics and software
- Whole Foods – Grocery chain
- Wildfire Interactive – Social media management
Congratulations to the company blogs that made it to the final round of judging. These blogs will all be reviewed closely by our judges and scored based on:
1. Calls to action
2. Content quality/consistency
3. Community size/engagement.
Who are your favorites? Who do you think should make it to the final Top 10 Company blogs?