Last year we highlighted some of the key career moves of social media industry leaders.
So let’s take a look at the moves people made in 2011.
Companies like HubSpot, Edelman, and Radian6 seem to be central themes in this conversation, each buying up as many smart folks as they can get their hands on.
The following is a recap of some of the biggest career moves of the past year. We were looking for people working in significant social media roles that chose to take on new opportunities. We definitely missed some, so please help us out in the comments.
And please, for anyone reading this, head these warning signs for social media professionals. Help me help you. It takes a village. Etc.
In no particular order, here they are.
1. Peter Shankman joins Vocus
2. Greg Cangialosi founds Nucleus Ventures
(Sold Blue Sky Factory)
3. Scott Gulbransen joins H&R Block
4. Michael Rubin joins Redbox
5. Jason Peck joins Living Social
6. Dean McBeth joins Barton F. Graf 9000
7. Jeffrey L. Cohen joins Radian6
8. James Andrews founds Social People TV
9. Zena Weist joins Edelman
10. Justin Levy joins Citrix
11. Shauna Causey to Nordstrom
12. Amber Naslund founds HiddenStartup.com
13. Matt Ridings founds HiddenStartup.com
14. Louis Gray joins Google+
15. Josh Williams joins Facebook
16. Chuck Hemann to Edelman
17. Kipp Bodnar joins HubSpot
18. David B. Thomas joins Radian6
19. Laura Fitton joins HubSpot
20. Aaron Strout joins WCG
21. Maria Ogneva joins Yammer
22. Chris Heuer joins Deloitte Consulting
23. Josh Austin joins BackCountry.com
24. Christopher Barger joins Voce Communications, a Porter Novelli company
25. Adrian Parker joins RadioShack
26. Ross Mayfield joins Slideshare
27. Pete Blackshaw joins Nestle
28. DJ Waldow founds WaldowSocial.com
29. Matt Singley co-founds Singley + Mackie
One thing we fail to capture are those promoted internally. There are many many people doing great work in social media that are not on this list, please feel free to add them in the comments to share the love.
Lead image source: Shutterstock.com