Originally published on Digital Innovation Today
Real content marketing is an endeavor. It involves a brand truly becoming a publisher and not just a marketer.
It involves Youtility. It involves consistency. And it gets results.
These 20 epic examples of content marketing (listed below) that cut through the noise, commotion, and bad information that is right now cluttering up your customers’s digital space.
All offer compelling original or curated content, consistently delivered (they are not one off ‘campaigns’) and targeted at a specific audience.
More importantly, all are useful. They help people do the stuff they do (some more than others). In other words, good content marketing is a type of branded utility. In fact, we believe that the content marketing sweet spot lies in the overlap with branded utility marketing.
The first and most important question in content marketing is ‘How Can I Help You?’
Does your content marketing help people? If it doesn’t, it’s just noise…
- The Furrow Magazine by John Deere agricultural machinery (began 1895!)
- Benchmark Magazine by Burns & McDonnell engineering
- ZMOT Research Project by Google
- CMO.com by Adobe software
- Lego Club Magazine by Lego
- Coca-Cola Journey Magazine by Coca-Cola
- Red Bulletin Magazine by Red Bull
- Jyske Bank TV by Jyske Bank
- Openview Labs Magazine by Openview Venture Partners
- River Pools and Spas Blog by River Pools and Spas
- Copyblogger Magazine by Brian Clark (Speaker, Consultant, Publisher)
- Food & Family Magazine by Kraft Food
- Smosh YoutTube channel by comedians Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla
- Home Made Simple Magazine by P&G
- Open Forum by American Express
- Think Money Magazine by TD Ameritrade
- From One Engineer to Another blog by Indium Corp electronics
- Lauren Luke makeup videos by Lauren Luke (eBay seller)
- Experience Life Magazine by Lifetime Fitness health clubs
- Health Hub Magazine by Cleveland Clinic
Content marketing is here to stay.
Now, you just need to figure out if your content is serving a purpose or just filling space.