…and a social media conference breaks out. Yeah, I know, not quite as exciting as you expected. Bear with me.
And apologies to the 5 awesome industry experts featured in the below video for calling them gurus. I beg your forgiveness.
Now with that out of the way, you seriously should watch the short video below from Social Fresh Charlotte 2011, our most recent social media conference. We call these videos “Social Thoughts’ and they are from some of the top minds in social.
Here are highlights before you click play:
- How Hilton is crowdsourcing customer engagement on Twitter – Vanessa Sain-Dieguez
- What is social media bad at? And how it affects TV – James Andrews
- We are measuring the wrong metrics – Eric Boggs
- Will healthcare be able to do social the right way? – Peter Shankman
- Why World of Warcraft is like social media – Chris Penn
Stay tuned for more highlights from the Charlotte conference. We will also be releasing the full video of every session in case you missed it all.
Ok, ok, now for a real joke.
Q. How many social media gurus does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
1 to hold the lightbulb. A 3 person developer team to create an app that will crowdsource suggestions. 2 video creatives to setup and film the ustream. 1 live blogger. 1 live tweeter. 1 community manager to monitor for customers that are having issues getting the live stream or blog to load. And at least 5 VPs to discuss it all as it goes down.