Stop chasing likes. Start building engaged audiences. In this training, you'll learn how to create the TikTok content your audience wants, including tactical video marketing strategies for content process, production and development, audience growth and engagement, the ideal tech stack, and more. Lessons also apply to Instagram Reels and YouTube Shorts.
Location-based marketing (LBM) is here and it has been here for a long while, way before Yelp, Loopt and Foursquare. But now with the recent popularity in location-based mobile applications like Foursquare, TriOut (disclosure, I am a partner), Loopt Star and Gowalla, more brands and agencies are trying to take advantages of these services to increase sales, branding and in some cases just to look cool. Emerging from a recent “future of location-based marketing” panel, much of the audience mentioned a need for more LBM brand success stories, to help get an idea of what is possible on these new platforms.
Reset Your ThinkingBut it is important to remember that getting started with location-based marketing starts with a hyper-local twist. If you have your social media thinking cap on, I dare say take if off, sit it in a corner visit your local coffee shop and ask yourself what will drive more people to walk in the doors that are not customers or make existing customers visit more often before you even think about a badge.
It’s Harder Than It LooksBut businesses should be warned, it’s a lot more work and harder than getting people to follow you on Twitter. Before you get too excited about offering a badge, a coupon or a free beer on your customer’s 5th visit, please consider digging a little deeper into your strategy. Ask yourself these 11 questions about your business and location-based services before jumping in.
- Who is my target audience?
- Do my customers currently check-in to my location?
- What location-based services do our customers and local community use?
- What is our goal if we offer a check-in special/discount?
- What’s the incentive for the customer to check-in?
- How will I get the word out online and offline?
- What objective numbers will I track and how?
- How long will the location-based promotion last?
- Who are we excluding by offering a check-in special?
- How do I integrate our check-in special with existing marketing efforts?
- What will it take to educate our staff on our location-based promotions?