26 social stats from 2013 you should know (and use for your next presentation)
Originally published on FAVES & CO
Hate it when you need a good social media stat and you don’t know where to look?
FAVES + CO. wants to make it as easy as possible for you to keep up with the latest stats and research. Here are 26 of our fave stats from the past seven months.
Copy and paste your favorites to use in your next email to executives, presentation to peers or just to tweet.
- By 2017, revenues from streaming and download services on mobile and tablet devices will reach $9.5 billion (Juniper Research)
- 55% of Americans turn to television for news about current events (Gallup)
- Men are twice as likely as women to be reddit users (Pew Research Center)
- Airbnb has more than 4 million active users. (Fast Company)
- 751 million monthly active users who used Facebook mobile products (Facebook)
- Health care workers who misuse social media are more likely to not get hired. More than two in five (43 percent) health care hiring managers who currently research candidates via social media said they have found information that has caused them not to hire a candidate (CareerBuilder)
- More than 1 billion unique users visit YouTube each month (YouTube)
- Most U.S. 10- to 12-year-olds have at least one social media account and are unsupervised (Pew Internet Research)
- The average Brit has just six face-to-face conversations with their family each week. That’s less than once each day. (Iam150/)
- Only 33 percent of employees said their company has a BYOD (bring your own device) policy.(Staples)
- College kids are more likely to use Twitter, older adults tend to favor Facebook. (University of Michigan)
- Pinterest has around 50 million users (Reuters)
- 57 percent of Pinterest users interact with food-related content and food it said to be the number one category of content on Pinterest. (Factbrowser)
- American pets have bitten, chewed, licked, drooled upon (or worse) more than 8 million devices this past year. (SquareTrade)
- Worldwide PC, tablet and mobile phone shipments will grow by 5.9 percent in 2013, while tablet shipments will increase by 67.9 percent. (Gartner)
- Google+ boasts more than 343 million users as of July 2013. (Expanded Ramblings)
- The Netherlands are most active social network users in Europe and make up 65 percent of all users while the UK is in second place with 57 percent of all European social network users. (The Office for National Statistics and Eurostat)
- Digital marketing funding is too low, with budgets that averaged 2.5% of company revenue in 2012, growing 9% in 2013. (Gartner)
- What websites offer best consumer protection? 2013 Online Trust Alliance says Twitter, American Greetings (Online Trust Alliance)
- Desktops and laptops are the most popular devices both men and women in the U.S. use to access social networks (Burst Media)
- 1 in 10 young people rejected for a job because of their social profile (ondevice)
- 40 million photos are uploaded to Instagram per day (Instagram)
- Americans spend 58 minutes a day on their smartphones (Experian)
- Nearly half of employees report social tools at work increases productivity (Microsoft)
- Teen Twitter use has grown significantly: 24% of online teens use Twitter, up from 16% in 2011. (Pew Internet Research)
- Research now shows Facebook makes it harder to get over a breakup (Tel Aviv University)
Social Fresh Tips Newsletter
Our top social marketing tips, tricks, and tactics dropped in your inbox every week!